*Pastor David Cloud is in the KJVO camp, but he actually exposes the false teachings of Ruckman. I wanted to point out that all KJV only people do not support and believe the things that Peter Ruckman peddles.
David Cloud sums up some major problems with Peter Ruckman:
RUCKMAN HOLDS MANY PECULIAR DOCTRINES AND HAS A PROUD, CULTIC ATTITUDE THAT HE ALONE HAS TRUTHS THAT NO ONE ELSE IN CHURCH HISTORY HAS KNOWN.
In bragging up his book The Salient Verses, Mr. Ruckman makes these comments: “If you are able to obtain a copy [of Ruckman’s proposed new book] you will have, in your hands, a minimum of 200 advanced revelations that came from the inerrant English text, that were completely overlooked (or ignored) by every major Christian scholar since 90 A.D. This would include all of the modern Bible revisers (1800-1999), all of the faculty members and staffs of every major ‘Fundamental’ (Conservative and Evangelical) seminary, university, and college in Europe and America since 1500, and every Greek and Hebrew scholar (or teacher) since 1611. … Actually, if a Bible believer has this work he will have the accumulated knowledge of Cornelius Stam and Ethelbert Bullinger … Clarence Larkin and C.I. Scofield, Ewing, Osborne, Tilton, and PTL … Pember, Peters, Gaebelein, Pentecost, Lindsey, Kirban, Rockwood, Webber, and Van Impe … plus the Puritans, Reformers, major evangelists (Moody, Sunday, Finney, Torrey, Wesley, etc.) and all that ANY Greek and Hebrew scholar … ever found out–that was SO–in the last 200 years” (Peter Ruckman, Bible Believers’ Bulletin, Jan. 1994, pp. 2,4).
In The Unknown Bible, Ruckman claims to hold to 14 “biblical truths” which all other Bible teachers have overlooked. On page 347, Ruckman modestly claims: “Do you realize that in these last two chapters, you have learned a dozen things that were unknown to the greatest Bible teachers in the world? In 2000 years of church history, they haven’t even been able to find the passage which dealt with these things we have been talking about.”
Some of Ruckman’s long-overlooked “biblical truths” include the following:
(1) Angels are thirty-three year old males without wings; and all women in the Church Age will receive thirty-three year old male bodies at the Rapture.
(2) The plan of salvation for Tribulation saints is faith plus works and the plan of salvation in the Millennium is works alone.
(3) When the believer is born again, his soul is literally cut loose from the inside of his fleshly body. (Ruckman takes spiritual circumcision very literally!)
(4) Demons are winged creatures ranging in size from those of flies and mosquitoes to eagles and vultures.
(5) Sexual unions constitute marriage in God’s sight.
(6) The soul is an invisible bodily shape. “The problem is the word ‘soul,’ but since there isn’t one pre-millennial, soul-winning, fundamentalist who knows what a soul is (see the entire library of books published by Eerdmans, Baker, Zondervan, and the Sword of the Lord before 1970) … The soul in the Bible is an invisible BODILY SHAPE. In the Old Testament, the soul is almost synonymous with the body, for it is STUCK TO IT till death” (Ruckman, Problem Texts, p. 145).
(7) The flood mentioned in 2 Peter 3 is not Noah’s flood but is one that supposedly occurred at the judgment of the earth, when Satan was cast out of Heaven. He admits that no other Bible teacher has held this view: “Now who could get a message so simple all muddled up? Answer: Every major fundamental Bible scholar and teacher in the United States, without one exception. If you were to ask Henry Morris what the verses refer to he’d say Noah’s flood: ditto Harry Rimmer, Clarence Larkin, J. Vernon McGee, Swindle (sic), MacArthur, Bob Jones III … the Scofield Board of Editors” (Ruckman, The Unknown Bible, p. 67).
(8) “God has ordained on this earth 12 boundaries, with 12 nations, who are destined to leave this earth (transported by angels–Luke 16:22), and populate outer space infinitely and forever, beginning with the 12 constellations that are seen on the earth once every 12 months” (The Unknown Bible, p. 588).
(9) “In eternity, the Christian is in New Jerusalem; he is in his apartment house that is made out of transparent gold, like clear glass. … He is called out on trips, and these trips take him to Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Uranus, etc. transporting couples into gardens placing them down and saying, ‘be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth’“ (Ibid., p. 592).
(10) “I know they [demons] have to be small. … there’s two little animals that have wings. One’s a fly and the other’s a mosquito. Know what these things are? They’re pictures of demons. THE THINGS HAVE WINGS” (Ruckman, Demons and Christians, Bible Baptist Bookstore, 1976, side 1).
Some Ruckmanites have challenged me to refute the Ruckman doctrines we have cited. I don’t have to refute them; they are self refuting for the simple fact that they have no biblical authority, just as Rome’s dogmas of purgatory and the ascension of Mary are self refuting. Why should we have to refute nonsense? The Bible instructs us to avoid the foolish and unlearned questions of heretics (2 Tim. 2:23; Titus 3:9-11), and Ruckman’s new doctrines certainly fall into this category.
In his 1996 book Black Is Beautiful, Ruckman claims that UFOs are real. Ruckman believes that some of the medieval plagues in Europe were caused by UFOs, that a B-52 bomber was downed by a UFO and that aliens disemboweled the crew members, and that a crew member of a US Navy ship was transported into the future. He believes the CIA has implanted brain transmitters in children, old people, blacks, and prisoners (p. 243) and operates underground alien breeding facilities (p. 256). He believes in Atlantis (p. 171) and the Bermuda Triangle, time warps (p. 160), creatures with one eye (p. 173), web footed aliens, blue aliens with blue blood (pp. 85, 86), black aliens with green blood (p. 244), and grey aliens with clear blood (pp. 310-11). He believes that Adam originally had water in his veins instead of blood (p. 185). He believes that the government is involved with UFO animal mutilations (p. 247). He believes that black helicopters carrying UN troops are “circling your homes” with the mission of attacking and imprisoning the populace (p. 233). He believes the U.S. federal government has kidnapped people and kept them alive in “amber liquid” (p. 230). He believes that the CIA flies around in space ships developed from technology gained when the government made a deal with aliens to allow them to kidnap children and use their organs as food and to experiment on U.S. citizens (pp. 291, 295-297).(Source)
I am a opposed to the KJV only belief because it has no Scriptural support. I have no problem with people who are KJV preferred and/or only use a KJV. I have no problem with people claiming that the KJV is the best translation( I fully agree that the KJV is one of the best English Bibles). My problem is with the “only” belief.
*David Cloud is a brother in the Lord that I disagree with over this KJV only issue. I’ve had conversations with Mr. Cloud in the past which resulted in us simply disagreeing. Mr. Cloud has always been respectful to me even though we disagree. I just wanted to share this with my readers.